For nearly 100 years, the Hebrew Home at Riverdale by RiverSpring Health has helped our residents live the fullest lives they can.
Recognized as one of the best nursing homes in the country, we push the boundaries of what’s possible in skilled nursing care. Innovative programs like vision care, therapeutic activities, college courses, memory care, and exercise programs are underscored by individual attention and passion for our residents—which makes a real difference in their quality of life. Ideal for a range of older adults – from those needing assistance with the tasks of daily living to those requiring specialized treatments and ongoing care, we take pride in transforming the landscape of aging, every day.
- Flu vaccine administration. Learn morehere
- Warm water therapy pool
- Pet, art, and music therapy
- Palliative and hospice care
- Warm, holistic approach to care
- 24-hour nursing staff and on-site physicians
- Affiliations with New York City’s major teaching hospitals
- On-site pharmacy, lab, x-ray, dental, opthalmology, and audiology facilities
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapy
Amenities and Community
- Kosher dining and personal dietitian
- Renowned art collection and museum
- Cafe, putting green, computer lab, library, and beauty salon/barber shop
- Pastoral care and services in chapel and synagogue
- Vibrant community overlooking the Hudson River
- 22 residential neighborhoods, each dedicated to specific care needs
- Dynamic recreational and cultural activities, including university courses
- Health and wellness center and elder spa
Sonia Jaye and Edward Barsukov Low Vision Center – Designed to preserve the autonomy of older adults challenged by vision loss, this unique center provides a medical, optical, and a holistic program of care to treat eye disease and help those with eye conditions maintain their independence.
Greenberg Starr Memory Support Center – The nation’s first residential memory support center for older adults in the early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia, this center pairs holistic and traditional care with new innovations to help older adults challenged by memory loss.
Forchheimer Jewish Palliative Care Center – Offering care to residents with serious medical illnesses, our palliative care program provides a pathway that enables them to live their lives to the fullest, for as long as possible, with the greatest amount of dignity.
National Alzheimer Center – The Hebrew Home at Riverdale has been at the forefront nationally in conducting research and creating landmark award-winning programs for people with Alzheimer’s disease under its National Alzheimer Center, an arm of the Hebrew Home’s research division. The Hebrew Home’s Research Division and National Alzheimer Center are committed to improving the quality of life for residents and clients with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers.
Therapeutic Activities Supervisor
“I provide opportunities for reflection, expression, reminiscence, sharing, and creativity through drama.”
“I engage with my residents every morning by greeting them with jokes and a big smile.”
Resident Record Clerk
“I welcome each of my residents everyday with a hearty good morning, and I always strive to be an active listener and companion.”